In this updated salad, dried blueberries add nutrients and flavor, and using buttermilk in the dressing keeps fat and calories down. Serve between whole-wheat or sunflower bread slices, and pack a handful of grapes or melon balls for a complete meal. To avoid soggy bread, store the salad separately until ready to eat.
Turkey Salad with Dried Blueberries
- 2 cups cooked turkey, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons dried blueberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 4 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whole-grain bread
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, onion, celery, blueberries, pecans, and tarragon.
- In a small bowl, mix buttermilk, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Combine with turkey mixture. Serve on bread.