Need a quick, healthy snack to keep on-hand for gluten-free friends and family? You can't go far wrong with these super-easy, super-nutritious Sesame Flax Crackers, made with ground flaxseeds, sesame, tamari and garlic powder.
Just grab a baking sheet and a pizza cutter and you're on your way!
(This recipe makes 25 crackers.)
Sesame Flax Crackers
- ½ cup ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup golden flaxseeds
- ½ cup unhulled sesame seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1½ tablespoons tamari
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour. The mixture will thicken—add a tablespoon more water if it's too stiff.
2. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Transfer dough to baking sheet and spread evenly. Using a pizza cutter, score the dough into about 25 crackers.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until lightly brown. Turn off the oven and let crackers dry in the warmth. Remove from oven and break into pieces.