Makes about 1 1/2 cups / Canned chipotles in adobo sauce are available in most grocery stores. Adjust the quantity of chipotles for more or less heat. Serve this fiery dip with pita triangles and fresh vegetables, or use as a sandwich spread.
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained reserve liquid
- 2 whole chipotle chilies plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 small handful coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper optional
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mince garlic in a food processor. Add garbanzo beans, chipotles and sauce, tahini, lime juice, cilantro, and spices. Process until smooth, scraping sides of the bowl as needed. Add reserved garbanzo liquid as needed. Taste and adjust ingredients as desired.
Amount Per Serving
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories: 123 calories, % fat calories: 23, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Carbohydrate: 18g, Protein: 6g, Fiber: 5g, Sodium: 436mg