Freshen up this year's Thanksgiving table (or use up turkey leftovers) by serving a make-your-own salad from a cornucopia of seasonal ingredients.
Thanksgiving Harvest Salad
- 1 large butternut squash peel and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Fresh greens (spinach, purple kale, arugula)
- Fennel thinly sliced
- Cherry tomatoes
- Dried cranberries
- Toasted walnuts
- Crumbled feta
- Cooked, crumbled bacon
- Roasted, shredded turkey
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Toss squash with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and dash of salt and black pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.
- In a blender, blend 1 cup cooled squash (serve remaining squash as salad topping), remaining 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, smoked paprika and salt until smooth.
- Dressing will be thick, so add a little water, ¼ cup at a time, until dressing is desired consistency.
Cover table with butcher paper, arrange ingredients as an edible centerpiece and just add tongs!