This salad can be served as an entree or a side dish. For maximum flavor, allow to sit at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Tex-Mex Bean Salad
- 1 14-ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed olives chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 4-5 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Radicchio leaves for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, red pepper, onions, olives, jalapeño, coriander, 3 tablespoons lime juice and salt to taste. Set aside at room temperature for an hour or two.
- Just before serving, stir in the olive oil and enough additional lime juice to make the flavors pop. Mound the salad onto radicchio leaves either on a platter or individual plates.