This delicious, wheat- and dairy-free treat layers sliced peaches with a melt-in-your-mouth pastry and lightly crisped top. It’s great served warm with soy or coconut vanilla ice cream and a cup of tea. You could even eat it for breakfast (minus the ice cream, of course)!
- 2 pounds fresh peaches about 5 peaches; remove skin, if preferred
- 2 tablespoons natural cane sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/8 plus 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divide
- 1/4 cup cold coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon lecithin granules
- 1/2 teaspoon orange flower water, or 2 drops orange extract optional
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh peaches, unpeeled about 1/2 peach
- 1 scant cup oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Wash and slice peaches; place in a large bowl. Combine sugar and cardamom. Pour over peaches; add crystallized ginger and 1/8 teaspoon sea salt. Mix gently. Transfer to a buttered 4x8-inch loaf pan (it will nearly fill the pan).
- Preheat oven to 375˚. In a mixer or food processor, beat together coconut oil, agave, and lecithin granules. Add orange flower water or extract and remaining 1/2 cup peaches. Beat until mostly smooth. In a bowl, combine oat flour, baking powder, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon sea salt; briefly pulse into coconut oil mixture.
- Pour batter over peaches and sprinkle with walnuts. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350˚ and bake for another 20–30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and topping is light brown.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Sodium 181mg 8%
Total Carbohydrates 46g 15%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Protein 4g 8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
PER SERVING: 309 cal, 40% fat cal, 14g fat, 9g sat fat, 0mg chol, 4g protein, 46g carb, 4g fiber, 181mg sodium