Serving tip: Accompany with baby bok choy that's been sliced lengthwise, brushed with olive oil, and grilled for 10 minutes until lightly charred. TIP: Gas grills produce a less intense heat than charcoal fires, so cooking times will be longer.
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons seeded and minced serrano chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 6 4-ounce fillets halibut (about 1 inch thick)
- Olive oil for brushing
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- In a food processor, coarsely grind sesame seeds. Add soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, garlic, chile pepper, honey, lemon juice, and orange juice. Process for another 30 seconds.
- Preheat grill to medium. Brush fish lightly with olive oil. Apply sesame-soy mixture thickly on each fillet. Grill fish until just opaque in center, about 7 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with additional sesame-soy mixture. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with sliced scallions.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Cholesterol 68mg 23%
Sodium 413mg 17%
Total Carbohydrates 7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 25g 50%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
PER SERVING: 294 cal, 57% fat cal, 19g fat, 3g sat fat, 68mg chol, 25g protein, 7g carb, 1g fiber, 413mg sodium