Rosemary and Clementine Sparkler, a mocktail with a herbaceous kick thanks to the combination of rosemary and juniper.
Tip: Keep it simple
When you make this mocktail recipe, you’ll likely be left with extra simple syrup. Any leftovers can be kept refrigerated for several weeks and are lovely stirred into a warming cup of cranberry tea.
Rosemary and Clementine Sparkler
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 3 rosemary sprigs plus extra for garnish
- 1 tbsp dried juniper berries
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed clementine juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened orange-flavored sparkling water
- 2 to 3 dashes orange bitters gluten free if desired
- clementice slice for garnish
- In small saucepan, stir together water, agave, rosemary, and juniper berries over medium-high heat until simmering. Reduce heat to low and let mixture cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain simple syrup into heatproof container and refrigerate until chilled.
- To lowball glass, add clementine juice and 1 Tbsp rosemary-juniper simple syrup. Stir to combine. Add ice, if desired, before adding sparkling water and orange bitters. Gently stir to combine. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and a slice of clementine. Serve.
Per serving: 22 calories; 0 g protein; 0 g total fat (0 g sat. fat); 6 g total carbohydrates (5 g sugars, 0 g fiber); 6 mg sodium