Rhubarb Strawberry Collagen Jam
- In medium saucepan, stir together strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice and maple syrup over medium heat. Let mixture come to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Once at a good simmer, let jam cook for 15 to 25 minutes stirring frequently. About halfway through cooking, break up fruit with a fork or potato masher.
- Once jam has finished cooking, turn off heat and gradually whisk in collagen.
- Transfer to a heat proof container and let cool to room temperature. Once cooled, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 2 cups (500 mL) jam.
Each 2 Tbsp (30 mL) serving contains: 26 calories; 1 g protein; 0 g total fat (0 g sat. fat, 0 g trans fat); 5 g total carbohydrates (4 g sugars, 1 g fibre); 8 mg sodium
TIP: For those who enjoy more unique tastes try stirring a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper into the jam along with the collagen. The pepper adds a pleasant spice to the jam and makes it perfect for serving next to your favourite dairy and non dairy cheeses.