Our Pretty Prawn Salad basically covers all the colors of the rainbow. Chock-full of healthy ingredients, it’ll satisfy the fussiest of eaters. Grilled prawns top the dish with a drizzle of tahini dressing laced over top. You’re looking at heart-healthy antioxidants with enormous eye appeal and big flavor—what more do you need in a salad?
Tip: A close shave
For best results, shave carrots, radishes, and onion on a mandoline.
Pretty Prawn Salad
- 3 cups spring greens washed and spun dry
- 1 small raw red beetroot peeled and spiralized
- 1 small carrot peeled and thinly shaved on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas blanched in lightly salted water
- 4 large red radishes thinly shaved
- 2 Belgian endives separated into leaves
- 1 Persian cucumber cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup thinly shaved red onion
- 1/2 cup pea shoots
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 large prawns tail on, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp toasted cashews chopped
- 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup tahini gluten free if desired
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 small garlic clove smashed and minced
- Pinch of salt
- On large serving platter, scatter spring greens. Top with beet, carrot, snap peas, radishes, endive, cucumber, red onion, and pea shoots. Lightly toss to mix. Set aside.
- In skillet, heat oil. In bowl, toss prawns with cumin and smoked paprika. Tumble into skillet and stir-fry over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until almost opaque. Transfer to plate and cool. Season with salt.
- In blender, combine dressing ingredients. Whirl until creamy. Add a splash or two of water, if necessary, to thin dressing as you like.
- Place prawns on salad. Drizzle with dressing, scatter chopped cashews and sesame seeds over top, and serve.
Per main course serving: 254 calories; 10 g protein; 15 g total fat (2 g sat. fat); 24 g total carbohydrates (8 g sugars, 6 g fiber); 281 mg sodium