This easy, yet impressive, vegan dinner is packed with oven-roasted flavor and proves that creating satisfying weeknight plant-based meals is entirely possible. If working with a small oven with only room for one sheet at a time, you can prepare the tofu and vegetables in batches separately.
Sheet Pan Golden Tofu Medley
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 12 oz pkgs. extra-firm tofu
- 2 1/2 tsp grapeseed oil or avocado oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 head broccoli cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 red bell peppers sliced into 4 pieces and seeds removed
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- In bowl, place cashews, cover with water, and let soak at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Line cutting board with a couple sheets of paper towel. Top with tofu and a couple more sheets of towel. Press gently for about 30 seconds to extract excess liquid. Slice each tofu block lengthwise into 2 slabs and then slice each slab into 2 triangles. Place tofu on 1 baking sheet and brush tops with 1/2 tsp oil and sprinkle on 1/4 tsp salt.
- In large bowl, place broccoli florets and red pepper and toss with 1 tsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Spread vegetables out on second baking sheet. Place sheets in oven and bake for 25 minutes, until tofu is golden brown and vegetables are darkened in a few spots, stirring vegetables once halfway through the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet, heat 1 tsp oil over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; heat 1 minute. Add ginger and heat 30 seconds. Stir in turmeric, cayenne, 1/4 tsp salt, and black pepper; heat 30 seconds.
- Drain cashews and place in blender with 1/2 cup water, lime juice, and contents of skillet. Blend until very smooth.
- Divide tofu and vegetables among serving plates and drizzle with cashew sauce.
Per serving: 436 calories; 30 g protein; 26 g total fat (4 g sat. fat); 25 g total carbohydrates (7 g sugars, 7 g fiber); 501 mg sodium