Move over lettuce, there’s a new leafy green in town, and this one is packed with flavor. This salad is loaded with fresh, leafy herbs and crisp, crunchy vegetables. Toss them together with this light vinaigrette to highlight the subtle sweetness and allow the beautiful freshness of these herbs to shine through as the star of this dish.
Change it up
Try using different sweeteners, mustards, vinegars, or citrus juice in this vinaigrette to find your favorite combination.
- 3 cups loosely packed herbs such as cilantro mint, and basil
- 3 cups shaved vegetables such as radish carrots, and cucumber
- 2 cups pea shoots or watercress
- 2 cups torn kale
- 1 cup chopped snap peas
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- In large bowl, toss together herbs, vegetables, pea shoots, kale, and snap peas.
- In small bowl or jar, add oil, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, and chives; mix or shake to combine for vinaigrette. Pour over salad mixture, toss to combine, and enjoy.
Per serving: 111 calories; 4 g protein; 6 g total fat (1 g sat. fat); 13 g total carbohydrates (5 g sugars, 4 g fiber); 38 mg sodium