This snack is a favorite at Deyna’s Tasty Foods, a locals’ favorite in St. George’s. It’s best made with fresh crab shells, though 4-ounce ramekins work fine.
- 8 crab shells (optional), or 8 ramekins
- 8 ounces fresh crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chive or scallion
- 1 tablespoon minced seasoning pepper jalapeño or Serrano
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/8-1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- If using crab shells, prepare by soaking 30 minutes in vinegar. Rinse, boil for about 5 minutes, and allow to dry.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Sauté crabmeat, onion, garlic, herbs, and seasoning pepper in butter for 5–10 minutes, stirring. Add bread crumbs and stir gently. Salt to taste, then stuff into shells or ramekins.
- Bake 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh pepper and parsley.