Staff favorite! This gluten-free, date-sweetened recipe offers a fun way to use leftover cooked quinoa and makes tender, cakelike cookies—with no added sugar. Possible modifications:
Notes and modifications:
- For a vegan recipe:
- Substitute virgin coconut oil for the butter.
- To replace eggs, place 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed in a small bowl with 3 tablespoons boiling water, stir to combine, and let stand 10 minutes before using.
- If making gluten-free cookies: You can also substitute 1.5 cups of your favorite GF flour blend for the dry ingredients.
- If your GF flour blend does NOT contain them, add 3/4 teaspoon xanthan or guar gum, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- For those who eat wheat, 1½ cups of whole-wheat pastry flour can replace the brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, and xanthan or guar gum.