Chicken Soup with Mustard Greens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cups sweet potato 1 medium potato; peeled & cubed
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 15-ounce can white kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 4 cups mustard greens stems removed and cut into thin strips
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes. Add sweet potato, broth, and thyme and allow to come to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes or until potato is almost tender.
- Stir in beans, chicken, and mustard greens. Allow to cook another 10 minutes or so. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.