Use extra-virgin olive oil in this dressing—you'll taste the difference. For added protein, top the salad with sliced chicken breast or grilled shrimp.
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 loaf French bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 10-ounce heads romaine lettuce outer leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese for topping
- Mash garlic, anchovy paste, salt and pepper together to make paste. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, and add cheese and lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
- Cut French bread into 1/2-inch cubes and arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Brush tops of bread with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake at 350° until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Tear romaine lettuce and place in large bowl. Add bread cubes, and toss with dressing. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
PER SERVING: Calories 234, Fat 19, Per fat 72, Cholesterol 7, Carbs 10, Protein 7, Fiber N/A, Sodium N/A