For a patriotic dessert, alternate strawberries and blueberries then top with organic whipped cream.
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unbleached organic flour
- 1 tablespoon suncant or organic flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1- 1/2 pints strawberries
- 1/2 cup all-fruit stawberry spread
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray. For crust, combine oats, flour, sucanat or sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir until blended. Stir in oil and 2 tablespoons yogurt to make a soft, somewhat sticky dough. Add remaining yogurt if dough is too stiff.
- Place dough on the prepared baking sheet and pat into a 10-inch circle. Place a 9-inch cake pan on the dough and trace around it with a sharp knife. With fingers, push up and pinch the dough around the outside of the circle to make a 9-inch circle with a rim 1/4-inch high. Bake for 15 minutes or until firm and golden. Cool. Using a spatula, gently ease crust onto a large, flat serving plate.
- Wash the strawberries and pat dry. Slice off stems. In a small microwavable bowl or saucepan, combine strawberry spread and vanilla. Microwave for 15 seconds or heat on stovetop until melted.
- Brush or dab a generous tablespoon of the spread evenly over the crust. Arrange strawberries, points up, evenly over the crust. Brush or dab the remaining spread evenly over the strawberries, including some spread between the strawberries to secure them. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until the spread has jelled. Cut into wedges to serve.
Amount Per Serving
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 202 % fat calories: 24 Fat: 6g (0g saturated) Cholesterol: 0mg Carbohydrate: 36g Protein: 3g