Here's the perfect drink to warm visitors on a chilly night. Use naturally sweetened cranberry juice or a combination of white grape and cranberry juice.
Yields: 4 cups
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups naturally sweetened cranberry juice
- 2 cups apple cider
- 8 1/4-inch slices fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest (grated peel)
- Orange slices and whole cinnamon sticks for garnish
1. Combine cranberry juice, apple cider, gingerroot and orange zest in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to a low boil and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Serve warm garnished with orange slices and cinnamon sticks.