This Waldorf salad gets a healthy update by substituting goji berries for raisins, adding spinach and trading in the mayonnaise for a light, lemony dressing. Use a sweet apple like Fuji or Pacific Rose.
Spinach-Goji Berry Waldorf Salad
- 2 medium crisp apples, quartered, cored, and sliced thinly with a mandolin if possible
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- ½ cup walnut halves
- ½ cup goji berries
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar, honey or agave syrup
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, apples, celery, walnuts and goji berries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until the sugar dissolves. Pour dressing over spinach mixture and toss gently until coated. Serve immediately.