Roasted cauliflower gets snacky in this luxurious, plant-based cauliflower dip. You can make the dip and store sliced veggies submerged in water for a couple of days ahead of the potluck.
Make it a meal
Serve this dip with Herbed Chicken and Carrot Patty Lettuce Cups and wraps or flatbreads for a DIY sandwich option at your gathering.
Spiced Cauliflower Dip with Rainbow Crudités
- 1 small head cauliflower core removed and cut into florets (5 to 6 cups)
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- 1 tsp baharat spice blend or smoked paprika plus more to garnish
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- water as needed
- Colorful crudités such as radish mini cucumbers, heirloom carrots, and sugar snap peas for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- On large rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower, onion, and garlic with olive oil, baharat spice, thyme, and salt. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until cauliflower is very tender and beginning to brown. Let cool for a few minutes.
- To food processor fitted with metal blade, transfer cauliflower mixture and pulse to chop, then add tahini and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. If mixture is too thick, add water 1 Tbsp at a time, and blend again. Pour cauliflower dip into serving bowl, swoosh the top with a spoon, and then drizzle with additional olive oil and a little sprinkle of baharat and thyme. Serve surrounded by your crudités.
Per serving: 100 calories; 2 g protein; 8 g total fat (1 g sat. fat); 6 g total carbohydrates (2 g sugars, 2 g fiber); 174 mg sodium