Perfect raspberries accent a reduced-fat cheesecake made with egg whites and Greek yogurt. To keep the cheesecake from cracking, use the simple water bath recommended here, and cool your cheesecake slowly on a rack; make sure it’s completely cooled before chilling it. If you do end up with cracks, a light dusting of powdered sugar before garnishing with berries will disguise it nicely. Create party-worthy, bite-size petit fours by cutting into 1×1-inch squares and topping with a single berry.
Raspberry Cheesecake Squares
- 5 whole graham cracker sheets 20 small crackers
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 14 ounces reduced fat (Neufchatel) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup raw, unfiltered honey
- 1/4 cup natural cane sugar
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 7-8 ounces raspberries red and/or golden
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves or other fruit preserve
- Position one oven rack in oven middle and one in lowest position. Preheat oven to 350˚. Line bottom and two sides of an 8x8-inch glass baking dish with one sheet of foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides. Repeat with a second sheet of foil, crisscrossing the first, again leaving a 2-inch overhang on sides.
- Finely grind graham crackers and almonds in a food processor. Add butter and process until mixture forms moist crumbs. Press mixture into bottom of prepared dish. Chill until ready to use.
- Combine cream cheese, honey, and sugar in a large food processor and process until smooth and creamy (or beat with an electric mixer). Beat in yogurt. Beat in eggs and egg whites one at a time, until well blended. Pour batter over crust.
- Place an ovenproof bowl of warm water on lower oven rack. Place cheesecake on middle rack and bake, undisturbed, until set in center, 45–55 minutes, being careful not to brown top. (Cheesecake will still jiggle in the middle but will set as it cools.) Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Using foil overhangs, carefully remove cheesecake from pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 2x2-inch squares, being careful not to cut through foil. Carefully lift each square away from foil and transfer to a serving platter.
- In a small saucepan, warm preserves and 1 tablespoon water over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and bubbly. (Or warm in microwave on lowest setting.) Arrange 3–5 berries on each square. With a pastry brush, brush berries with glaze. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until cold.
Raspberry Cheesecake Squares
Amount Per Serving
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11g 17%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Cholesterol 49mg 16%
Sodium 151mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 15g 5%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 7g 14%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
PER SERVING: 181 cal, 11g fat (4g mono, 1g poly, 5g sat), 49mg chol, 7g protein, 15g carb, 2g fiber, 151mg sodium