Serve atop cooked millet or quinoa.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 8 medium, fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems and gills discarded, sliced lengthwise
- Whisk togther first six ingredients (lemon juice to broth). Place mushrooms in a glass baking dish. Pour lemon-ginger mixture over them, turning to coat. Marinate at least 1 hour, flipping occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Place mushrooms in a well-oiled grill basket or on a wire baking rack (reserve marinade). Grill 8-10 minutes or until slightly charred and tender, turning occasionally and basting.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 52 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3g 5%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Sodium 384mg 16%
Total Carbohydrates 12g 4%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 2g 4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
PER SERVING: 52 cal, 3g fat (1g mono, 1g poly, 1g sat), 0mg chol, 2g protein, 12g carb, 1g fiber, 384mg sodium