Crispy biscotti, Italian for "twice-baked," pair perfectly with English Breakfast or Earl Grey tea. Test kitchen tip: Don't worry if they're a little soft when they come out of the oven—they harden as they cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine vanilla extract, whole eggs, egg white, and honey in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and blend thoroughly. Add ginger and cranberries; stir until well blended and cranberries and ginger are distributed.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 12-inch-long flattened log approximately 1/2-inch thick. Place logs on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°. On a cutting board, slice each log diagonally into 12 slices, each 1/2-inch thick. Place pieces cut-side up on baking sheet and bake for an additional 8 minutes; flip and cook on the other side for another 8 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Cholesterol 18mg 6%
Sodium 74mg 3%
Total Carbohydrates 18g 6%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 2g 4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
PER SERVING (2 cookies): 86 cal, 9% fat cal, 1g fat, 0g sat fat, 18mg chol, 2g protein, 18g carb, 1g fiber, 74mg sodium