Chocolate Chunk Red Velvet Bread
- 3/4 lb cooked beets about 3 medium beets
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup milk or gluten-free unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/3 cup demerara or coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil or sunflower oil
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving 1 inch overhang.
- In blender or food processor, place cooked beets, banana, milk, sugar, and oil and blend until smooth. Blend in eggs.
- In large bowl, stir together rice flour, coconut flour, baking powder, ginger powder, and salt. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix gently until everything is moist. Fold in dark chocolate chunks. Place mixture in loaf pan and sprinkle on pistachios.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out mostly clean. Let cool for 10 minutes in pan and then lift out using parchment paper overhang.
Per serving: 414 calories; 8 g protein; 21 g total fat (4 g sat. fat); 52 g total carbohydrates (21 g sugars, 7 g fiber); 181 mg sodium