Enjoy summer’s sweetest fruits in new, savory ways.
The unique mix of sweet-fiery berry sauce, tender chicken, oozy brie, and peppery arugula makes this a grilled cheese for grown-ups. Make this Chipotle-Strawberry Chicken Grilled Cheese the star of lunch or pair it with a salad for a quick summer dinner.
Tip: Go Slow
Cook grilled sandwiches at a medium-low heat. If you cook them at a more intense heat, you risk charred bread and cheese that hasn’t melted. Not so tasty. A lower heat in a pan coated in melted butter ensures crispy, golden bread and perfectly melted cheese.
Chipotle-Strawberry Grilled Cheese
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil or sunflower oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp minced chipotle chili canned in adobo sauce, gluten-free. if desired
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8 slices crusty whole grain or gluten free bread
- 8 oz sliced cooked organic chicken
- 4 oz sliced brie cheese
- 2 cups arugula
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, warm oil. Add shallot and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Add strawberries, red wine vinegar, chipotle chili, and salt to pan and simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in rosemary and remove from heat.
- In skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. Top a slice of bread with 1/4 of each sandwich topping: chicken, cheese, strawberry sauce, and arugula. Cover with a second slice of bread. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cook sandwiches in skillet until bread is crispy and golden and cheese has melted, about 3 minutes per side. Prepare sandwiches in batches if necessary.
Per serving: 419 calories; 31 g protein; 20 g total fat (10 g sat. fat); 29 g total carbohydrates (6 g sugars, 5 g fiber); 632 mg sodium