When the nights get chilly and curling up by the fire turns into a habit once again, it's hard to resist the lure of a cup of rich, smooth hot chocolate. Whether you're vegan or shunning dairy for allergy reasons, this recipe for nondairy hot chocolate—from the writers of the awesome new cookbook Nourish—is sure to satisfy.
Vegan Hot Chocolate
• 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight in water
• 1 3/4 cups coconut milk
• 1 1/2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
• 1 tablespoon raw honey
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
1. Drain and rinse cashews. In a blender, purée cashews, coconut milk, cacao powder and honey until very smooth.
2. Pour mixture into a saucepan over medium-low heat, gently stirring until liquid is warmed. Stir in vanilla powder and serve.