Grab a spoon (yes, a spoon!) and dig into this vibrant and refreshing Red Velvet Cheesecake Smoothie Bowl. It’s your answer to a 10-minute breakfast and getting in a serving of veggies, before noon. You can blend in either a raw or a cooked beet, with the latter being a better option if you’re using a blender without much horsepower.
Smoothie Bowl Secrets
To keep your thick, luscious smoothie from turning sad and watery, serve it in a cold bowl. Place your serving bowl in the freezer for 30 minutes or longer before making the smoothie. Also, go for a bowl that’s deeper than it is wide. The smaller area means slower melting.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Smoothie Bowl
- 1/4 cup milk or milk alternative of choice
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese or vegan cottage cheese alternative
- 1 small red beetroot, peeled and chopped
- 3 mint leaves (optional)
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 frozen banana, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp coconut chips
- 1 Tbsp dark chocolate chips (optional), dairy free if desired
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- In a high-speed blender container, place all ingredients except coconut chips, walnuts, chocolate chips (if using), and maple syrup. Blend until smooth and thick. Pour into serving bowl. Top remaining ingredients, being sure to drizzle on maple syrup.
PER SERVING: 397 CALORIES; 20 G PROTEIN; 16 G TOTAL FAT (5 G SAT. FAT); 51 G TOTAL CARBOHYDRATES (31 G SUGARS; 11 G FIBER); 340 MG SODIUM)