These bars, which have a texture similar to dried fruit leather, are the perfect pack-me-up for a quick pick-me-up at the office, in the gym, or on the road.
No-Bake MCT Oil Energy Bars
- 1 cup cup pitted Medjool dates (about 10 large dates)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free large flaked oats
- 1/2 cup raw peanuts, cashews, or walnuts
- 2 Tbsp MCT oil or powder
- 2 Tbsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 oz dark chocolate, dairy free if desired
- Line 9 inch square pan with parchment paper, allowing it to extend over edges of pan. In bowl, place pitted dates. Cover dates with warm water and set aside to soak and soften, about 1 hour. Drain well.
- In food processor or blender, whirl oats until finely ground. Add drained, soaked dates, nuts, MCT oil, honey or syrup, and vanilla. Whirl until blended, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Transfer to prepared square pan and press into even layer.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over top.
- Refrigerate or freeze pan until mixture is firm.
- To serve, cut into 36 squares. Store in sealed container in refrigerator.
- For a different presentation, roll mixture into 36 balls. Dip into melted chocolate and refrigerate until firm.
Per square: 62 calories; 1 g protein; 2 g total fat (1 g sat. fat); 10 g total carbohydrates (6 g sugars, 1 g fiber); 1 mg sodium