This quick and decadent treat is sure to be on heavy rotation in your repertoire once you see how easy it is to make. Brownie cups freeze wonderfully for a last-minute dessert that’s guaranteed to elicit lots of praise.
No-Bake Brownie Cups
- 1/2 cup raw walnut halves 125 mL
- 1/2 cup raw almonds 125 mL
- 3/4 cup packed pitted Medjool dates 180 mL
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder 80 mL
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds 15 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1 1/2 cups mixed fresh berries washed and cut if large, 350 mL
- 2 Tbsp Warm, unsalted almond butter for drizzling
- To bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade attachment, add walnuts, almonds, and dates. Pulse until nuts are finely chopped. Add cocoa powder, chia seeds, and salt. Blend until well combined and mixture easily holds together when a portion is squeezed together in your hand. If mixture is too dry, add warm water, 1 tsp (5 mL) at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Divide mixture into 1 Tbsp (15 mL) portions and press into cups of mini-muffin tin, pushing mixture up the sides of each cup and creating a hollow in centre.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Using small knife, loosen each brownie cup from muffin tin and place on serving platter. Fill each cup with fruit and drizzle with almond butter. Serve right away or refrigerate for another 10 minutes to harden almond butter drizzle.
- Serves 13.
Tip: From something as simple as a dollop of Greek yogurt to coconut sugar-brûléed bananas, these cups serve as a base to a wide variety of fillings. Feel free to use whatever you have on hand to customize a tasty treat.