Makes 2 1/2 cups / Serve this sweet-spicy salsa for a party with pita chips, or spoon onto roasted pork tenderloin. If you like, turn up the heat by adding more minced jalapeño. This salsa can be made in advance: Just toss in the avocado at the last minute.
- 1 cup organic dried mangos 3.75 ounces
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice about 2 limes
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Using kitchen shears, dice dried mangos into 1/4-inch pieces. Transfer to a small bowl and add lime juice; marinate for 15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and mix; refrigerate 2 hours.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 12147 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Sodium 266mg 11%
Total Carbohydrates 27g 9%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Protein 1g 2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
PER SERVING (1/2 cup): 147 cal, 4g fat (3g mono, 0g poly, 1g sat), 0mg chol, 1g protein, 27g carb, 4g fiber, 266mg sodium