- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 4 cups unfiltered apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2" x 4" piece orange peel studded with four whole cloves
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground allspice and cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground nutmeg and clove
- Pinch of cayenne
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Cut each block of tempeh crosswise into halves. Slice each half diagonally into two triangles. This will yield 16 triangles. Steam tempeh for 20 minutes in a steamer basket.
- While the tempeh steams, wash cranberries and place them in a small saucepan with apple juice, sea salt and orange peel. Bring to a boil and cook 15 minutes or until cranberries are soft. Add maple syrup, tamari, ginger, mirin and dried spices to cranberries. Puree cranberry mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Place tempeh in a casserole or baking dish. Pour cranberry glaze over tempeh. Bake in a 350°F oven for 40 minutes.
- To serve, arrange tempeh on a platter, top with cranberry glaze and garnish with sprigs of fresh rosemary.