Take advantage of incomparably sweet fresh corn and zucchini, widely available at this time of year. Cook more than you think you’ll need for one evening and serve this salad the next day.
- 6 ears cooked corn, kernels removed from cob about 4 cups kernels
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches scallions, thinly sliced white parts only
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make dressing, mix lime juice and mustard together. Slowly beat in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a lidded container.
- In a medium bowl, toss together corn, zucchini, scallions, and bell pepper. Sprinkle with parsley. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. At the picnic site, add dressing and toss well to coat.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Sodium 32mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 31g 10%
Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
Protein 4g 8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
PER SERVING: 239 cal, 46% fat cal, 13g fat, 2g sat fat, 0mg chol, 4g protein, 31g carb, 7g fiber, 32mg sodium