A snack worthy of being called a meal, this delicious cauliflower combo will certainly satisfy your movie-night nacho craving!
Not a fan of cilantro? Try this vegan cheez dip instead. In medium bowl, soak 1 cup (250 mL) raw cashews in boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain cashews and add them to food processor with the following:
3 Tbsp (45 mL) nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp (1 mL) turmeric
1/4 tsp (1 mL) smoked paprika
1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
1/4 tsp (1 mL) onion powder
3/4 cup (180 mL) unflavoured, unsweetened almond milk, more to thin
2 tsp (10 mL) preferred hot sauce
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp cumin 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp turmeric 1 mL
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic 2 mL
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp sea salt 2 mL
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned black beans 125 mL, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved, 250 mL
- 1 avocado peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove peeled and finely minced
- 1 cup cilantro plus extra for top of finished nachos, 250 mL
- 3 Tbsp water 45 mL
- 2 tsp lime juice 10 mL
- 3 Tbsp unflavoured unsweetened almond milk, 45 mL
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C).
- In large bowl, toss cauliflower with olive oil, cumin, turmeric, granulated garlic, nutritional yeast, and salt. Spread on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Place in oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender, turning cauliflower over at the 10-minute mark.
- While cauliflower is roasting, in small food processor, combine avocado, garlic, cilantro, water, lime juice, and almond milk and blend well, until creamy. Add salt to taste.
- Remove cauliflower from oven when done and turn off oven. Top cauliflower with black beans, red bell pepper, and cherry tomatoes and return to the hot oven for 5 minutes to warm through.
- Remove from oven and top with creamy avocado dip and fresh cilantro. Spoon onto plates, grab a fork and dig in!
Each serving of “nachos” contains: 167 calories; 10 g protein; 4 g total fat (1 g sat. fat); 25 g total carbohydrates (5 g sugar, 8 g fibre); 318 mg sodium Each serving of dip contains: 107 calories; 1 g protein; 10 g total fat (2 g sat. fat); 5 g total carbohydrates (0 g sugar, 4 g fibre); 14 mg sodium