Makes 2 cups. This supersimple recipe makes a nutritious pita sandwich spread and delicious dip for celery, carrots, veggies and fruits. An excellent addition to a vegetarian diet, it supplies a substantial amount of veggie-based protein.
Bragg Hummus Dip for Vegetable or Pita Chips
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Bragg Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Bragg Organic Sprinkle
- Pinch paprika
- Sprinkle Bragg Nutritional Yeast
- Puree cooked garbanzo beans with lemon juice, Bragg Organic Olive Oil, Bragg Liquid Aminos, tahini and garlic in a blender. Add small amount of water if needed to make desired consistency when blending.
- Remove bean mixture and place in a bowl.
- Blend in the parsley, green onions and Bragg Organic Sprinkle. Last garnish with paprika and Bragg Nutritional Yeast.