A scattering of flowers can make an everyday meal an event. Try one of these ten ways to add flowers to your life.
- Tie a “bouquet” of marigolds with raffia or a strip of chive as a beautiful, edible garnish.
- Fill nasturtiums with guacamole or egg salad made with thyme blossoms.
- Scatter violas and basil flowers over a salad of mâche and frisée, and serve with lavender-mint vinaigrette.
- Float whole chive blossoms and minced chives on a chilled, cream-based soup.
- Stir calendula flowers and minced rosemary into basmati rice.
- Drizzle honey over scoops of lemon sorbet, then sprinkle rose petals on top.
- Lightly braise daylilies and toss with sautéed wild mushrooms and butter.
- Freeze violas or pansies into ice cubes for a graceful addition to sparkling water or iced herbal teas.
- Fill hibiscus flowers with small scoops of raspberry sorbet.
- Sprinkle borage flowers and chopped rosemary over cold pasta dishes.