This nut-free take on classic queso dip is everything you want and more. Paired with chips, crackers, or crudités, this creamy, zesty, smoky, and oh-so-satisfying dip is easy enough to whip up for a cozy snack or as an appetizer for company.
If you’re okay to eat nuts, try substituting sunflower seeds with 1 cup raw cashews.
Vegan Queso Dip
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1 in chipotle pepperadobo chopped
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
- To bowl of high-powered blender, add sunflower seeds and boiling water and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cilantro, and blend on high speed, scraping down sides of bowl as needed, until creamy and smooth, about 3 minutes. If too thick, add boiling water until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer queso to serving bowl and top with cilantro, if desired. Leftovers may be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3 days.
Per 1/4 cup serving: 77 calories; 6 g protein; 4 g total fat (0 g sat. fat); 7 g total carbohydrates (1 g sugars, 4 g fiber); 82 mg sodium