More fun than a side salad, it’s a spread of the good stuff in a burst of glam color, with two dipping sauces: one sweet for the fruit and one savory for the veggies. What’s more, this arrangement of produce will double as your tablescape. Don’t forget to use Mom’s favorite fruits and veggies! Below are some suggestions to get you started.
Make it ahead
Store cut vegetables submerged in cold water in locking glass containers or Mason jars so they don’t dry out. Drain water, pat dry, and assemble platter right before serving. The fruit platter can be assembled up to 1 hour before serving and kept covered in the fridge.
Rainbow Fruit and Veggie Platters with Two Plant-Based Dips
Sweet vanilla, cardamom, and coffee dip
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for 2 hours, drained
- 3/4 cup recently boiled water plus more to thin
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 6 soft Medjool dates pitted, soaked for 2 hours, drained
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee optional
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp salt
Savory vegan artichoke dip
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts drained well
- 3/4 cup raw cashews soaked for 2 hours, drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nondairy milk (cashew oat, or coconut milk)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch of Aleppo-style pepper or red pepper flakes to serve
- 1 bunch of red or green seedless grapes halved if desired
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup Fresh blackberries
- 1 melon such as cantaloupe peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 pineapple peeled, cored, and cubed
- 5 celery stalks sliced
- 2 large watermelon radishes sliced
- 2 lbs rainbow carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 1 head of broccoli or cauliflower cut into florets
- For sweet dip, to high-speed blender, add all Sweet Vanilla, Cardamom, and Coffee Dip ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. Add additional water to thin until desired fruit dip consistency. Transfer to serving bowl, cover, and chill completely, about 4 hours or up to 4 days.
- For the savory dip, in saucepan, heat olive oil over medium, add garlic, and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Immediately add drained artichoke hearts and sauté for 3 minutes, until warmed through.
- To high-speed blender, add soaked and drained cashews, milk, lemon juice, and miso paste and blend until smooth. Add cooked artichoke mixture and parsley, and briefly pulse to chop but not blend completely. Transfer to serving bowl and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 4 days.
- For platters, arrange fruit and vegetables on separate platters or one extra-large platter in a pattern of your choice. Keep each fruit or vegetable in its own section (as opposed to mixing them all together) to create the rainbow appearance. Serve fruit with sweet dip and veggies with savory dip.
Per serving: 363 calories; 8 g protein; 16 g total fat (4 g sat. fat); 54 g total carbohydrates (29 g sugars, 11 g fiber); 225 mg sodium