gluten free; vegetarian
Spinach is a super food that's chock full of nutrients such as potassium, iron and calcium. The pineapple, banana and maple syrup gives this super smoothie a tropical twist.
- 1 cup coconut milk from the refrigerated section, such as Silk brand, not canned
- 1 cup lightly packed baby spinach
- ½ cup plain, whole-milk Greek yogurt
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- ½ medium, frozen, sliced banana (about ½ cup)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional
- Place coconut milk and spinach in a blender. Process on high until greens are finely blended. Add yogurt, frozen pineapple, frozen banana, hemp seeds and maple syrup, if using, and blend until smooth. Serve immediately (or drink half and store half in the fridge for a midmorning snack).
Amount Per Serving
Calories 20476 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23g 35%
Saturated Fat 13g 65%
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 56mg 2%
Total Carbohydrates 40g 13%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Protein 20g 40%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
PER SERVING (20 ounces): 476 cal, 23g fat (5g mono, 5g poly, 13g sat), 20mg chol, 56mg sodium, 40g carb (4g fiber, 25g sugars), 20g protein