Whip up this nutrient-dense dip for a quick snack with no added sugars. Serve with bell pepper slices, carrot sticks, tortilla chips, or whole-grain crackers, or serve on tacos and sandwiches.
- 3 ripe Hass avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1/4 cup loose-packed fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime about 3 tablespoons
- Scoop out flesh from avocados and place in a bowl; mash with a fork to desired consistency.
- Stir in tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Fold in cilantro and lime juice. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Chill for 30 minutes (if your kids can wait that long!).
Amount Per Serving
Calories 175 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28g 43%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Sodium 607mg 25%
Total Carbohydrates 25g 8%
Dietary Fiber 15g 60%
Protein 6g 12%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
PER SERVING (1/2 cup): 355 cal, 28g fat (20g mono, 4g poly, 4g sat), 0mg chol, 6g protein, 25g carb, 15g fiber, 607mg sodium