Soothing essential oils are one of our favorite gentle ways to help combat stress, but there are plenty of other tools you might want to consider. Apps are a quick, portable way to keep a little mental health boost in your pocket! Here are some of our faves.
- What’s Up? draws on CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) and ACT (acceptance commitment therapy) methods to help you deal with everything from anxiety to anger. And it’s free!
- Talkspace lets you engage in therapy using text, audio, and video messaging. According to one of its founders, it’s “like WhatsApp with a therapist.”
- Calm was Apple’s iPhone app of the year in 2017. With Calm’s guided meditations, bedtime stories, relaxing music, and mindful movement coaching, it’s no wonder!
- Headspace is a personal meditation guide to help you perform at your best. It’s even got SOS exercises for when you’re extra stressed.
- Happify uses science-based games and activities to help you overcome negative thoughts and boost resilience. Eighty-six percent of the app’s users report feeling better about their lives after using Happify for two months.