10 surprising uses for vinegar
Make your stemware shine
Get your stemware and dishes to sparkle with the help of a little vinegar. There are many ways you can incorporate vinegar, whether it’s in the dishwasher or washing by hand:
- Add ½ cup vinegar to the dishwasher rinse cycle to get dishes and glassware clean and shiny.
- Remove chalky deposit sometimes left on dishes in the dishwasher. Place dishes on the lower rack and run the machine for five minutes with a cup of vinegar added. Then run a complete cycle with regular detergent.
- If you prefer to wash fancy glassware by hand, add a small amount of dishwashing soap and 1 cup vinegar to a sink of hot water. Rinse and towel dry.
- Remove stains from coffee and tea cups by scrubbing them gently with equal parts salt (or baking soda) and vinegar, using a sponge or brush. Rinse clean.
- Spray washed glassware with full strength vinegar using spray bottle. Give your glasses one quick hot water rinse before you let them drip dry or dry with clean towel.